Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who's the sucker now?

Here is a pic of Sophie with her new paci while she fell asleep with Bink, her pink bear (Bill named him), between her legs!


Oh, that would be me! The whole pacifier thing is definitely NOT over. The first day I took it away for naps, she cried and cried. So after about 40 minutes of crying I decided to pierce it and give it back to her. The piercing had no effect, I don't even think she noticed. So, for night time after letting her cry I decided I would just snip off the top...clever me! However, right after I did that I was reading in one of my books not to snip them b/c they can become choking hazards. So I freaked out about giving it to her and what did I do next? Lucky for Sophie, I gave her a brand new pacifier. Do you see the word IDIOT across my forehead? Yeah, me too. After some time, I decided the snipped paci was probably just fine, and tried to give it back but she really wanted nothing to do with that one. So, here we are using a new one!

Thankfully I spoke with a mom yesterday who said that it took her about a month to get her 11 month old completely off the paci. That made me feel better about it and a little more relaxed. I think my goal is just to get her not using it during naps and then work on the night time. I'm not a hard core, cold turkey kind of gal apparently. :)

On a side note, here is a little clip of Sophie kind of pulling her self up, yay!

2 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

LOL - makes me laugh.

Yay for Sophie working on pulling herself up!

Rachael Neal said...

my mom said she got my brother off the paci by snipping the top little by little each week, until eventually there was nothing left and he didn't want it anymore. just a thought.