Monday, May 12, 2008

A great weekend


We had a great Mother's Day Weekend, full of family, fun, and food! Bill's parents came into town from Boston Friday night, and left early this morning. My mom and brother trekked in from Michigan Saturday afternoon, and hit the road mid afternoon on Sunday. It was great to celebrate with both Moms and to have the families here for Sophie's dedication. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tired and lazy today :) but it was all worth it!

Sophie is no longer boycotting sitting (as you can see from the pic above), so that has been a nice relief. Yesterday afternoon she decided she would give it another try!! She is also clearly going through separation anxiety and what I like to call stranger syndrome. When Bill's mom got in the car next to her on Friday night, she started screaming and screamed all of the way home from the airport. It was a lovely drive. The entire weekend when anyone else tried to hold her or sometimes even come near her...she was not a fan! She did end up letting my mom and Bill's mom hold her some. Hopefully this is just a phase! Either way we are truly thankful to God for her, she really is a gift and is teaching us much about ourselves and the changes that can take place!

here are some more pics from our great weekend:



4 comments:

Janelle S said...

Yeah Sophie, sitting again! Sitting would be a difficult thing to boycott for very long. Let's see if she picks something easier for her next phase.
Great blog.

Jessica Brown said...

Go Sophie Go!

So glad you had such a great weekend! Great pictures - I loved the new Picassa ones as well.

Lee and Candace said...

Hey Paulina, I'm such a dork. I totally forgot my work schedule is different this week so I have to work this Friday. Can I talk to you Sunday about setting another time up?

Cathryn said...

Wow, we all look so happy in that dedication photo :)