Monday, May 19, 2008

Suck it up

I've come to the conclusion that it is time to wean Sophie off of her pacifier. She's close to 10 months old now and I feel like if I don't do it now, I will never do it! I have plenty of excuses as to why it would be easier just to let her keep using it, but I have to be strong! She only uses it for sleeping (which you would think wouldn't be that bad) but, she wakes up in the middle of the night for it, not being able to find it, therefore whining... and guess who goes and gets it for her at 3 in the morning? That's right, mommy goes, and mommy doesn't like that. It has become a sleep prop. I just need some major encouragement (lots) to follow through!!! I'm planning on starting tomorrow so hopefully in a few days we'll have a good report :)

3 comments:

Janelle S said...

You can do it Paulina!!! I've heard it takes about 3 days and every night gets a little better. Knowing Sophie's personality, that might translate to 6 days for her :)
Just think, next week at this time it could all be behind you!

Lee and Candace said...

You are braver than I! I too sometimes get up at 4 am to get Isabel's paci for her. Lee says it needs to go, but it's just so nice sometimes too. Please let me know how it goes. I need all the advice I can get!:)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.