Monday, May 4, 2009

You know it's close!

Tomorrow will mark the glorious 36 weeks for me, and man am I feeling it. I don't recall feeling so done with Sophie at this stage, but that is probably because I just can't remember very well! Let me tell you, all of that stuff about feeling good, that is out the door. I am now the cranky prego lady! A few reasons why this pregnancy is nearing its end:

- Forget bending over. That is no longer an option. If I miss putting something in the garbage can or something falls on the floor, I just hope it will find its way into proper storage someway somehow. Thankfully Sophie is helpful and can pick things up for her Mama.

- My "power" naps have now become "at least an hour" naps. I shamelessly admit this and will milk it while I can - which only amounts to about 18 days.

- I feel like I am constantly wearing the tightest pair of jeans, but really it's just my huge belly. Sitting doesn't feel good. Standing relieves this pressure but I can only stand so long before my lower back starts to ache. Lying down is ok...that is until my hip starts to burn from all of the pressure it receives. And so goes the story.

- I made a to do list this week. It had 3 things on it and I don't plan on expanding it.

- I now strut a nice waddle.

- I gained 4 lbs in 13 days.

- I randomly declare myself on bed rest for those overly exhausting moments.

- I don't want to go shopping anymore. At first, with moving and everything going on, I really wanted to get out and get stuff for the house and what not (which is still a fun idea) but the thought of going to the mall or making a "special" trip for things that I just want but aren't a dire need, it ain't happenin.

Still, all in all, I can't complain. God has been gracious to me! I could truly be on bed rest, or have ridiculously high blood pressure, or a million of other things and I am fine. So I'll just grin and bear it for a couple more weeks!

4 comments:

diana said...

Amen to everything you said!

Rachael Neal said...

hang in there! i can relate to everything on your list and i'm only 18 weeks! yikes! :) this is going to be a long pregnancy.

Meghan said...

Wow you know its bad when YOU don't even wanna go shopping!! :P

Anonymous said...

You are so close to having another bundle of joy! I'll be thinking of you the next few weeks. I'm sad my trips to KY got cancelled, however now the next time I see you and sophie there will be a new addition...can't wait!

Sarah