Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Snow Storm

So I recognize that a snow storm is probably not quite the same as having another baby, but somehow it seems right to equate the two. I don't think I experienced this when I was pregnant with Sophie, but I have this major sense of urgency to be prepared! This is where the snow storm analogy comes in: usually when there is word of a big storm coming, people go nuts! The grocery stores become packed with panicked people and all of the staples vanish quickly! They feel the need to stock up because they think they will be stuck in their homes for months... I've always laughed at these panicky people. Until I became one. Yes, I now feel the urgency to buy everything in 2's, I need to have at least a couple of months supply of essential paper products, laundry detergent, diapers, wipes, frozen goodies, etc. However, I unlike the snow storm people, really won't be getting out of the house for months! Scary thought, but I am trying to prepare myself for the fact that it will be close to impossible to leave the house for a while with a newborn and a toddler. So I might as well do it while I can, right?

1 comment:

Lee and Candace said...

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you will get out! God will give you the energy you need!:) I used to think I'd never get out with watching Jacob and Isabel, but I did it.

I have your same worries that I feel like I need to be so ready for this baby, but I just have to remember everything is going to be okay...even if it's not "perfectly" ready! We'll be praying for you the next couple of weeks! We can't wait to meet baby Logozzo.:)