Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life, lately.

Wow, time is going by quickly.  We are officially 6 weeks away from departing San Antonio. Remember the song from Mariah Carey..."you've got me feeling emotions...?"  That pretty much sums up how I feel right now.  I honestly did not expect moving away from here to be in any way difficult or emotional.  From the get go I really just wanted to go back to Kentucky.  But now... now that we know people, we have relationships here, we're seeing God at work here, we're involved in our church, have a small group, our kids have friends they adore, oh it's hard!  But, there is also soooo much excitement to coming back.  See what I mean?  The 2 pinnacles of emotions - the high and the low are happening at the same time.  I guess it was kind of like that when we left last January to come here, but for some reason it seems tougher this time.  When we came we didn't know who are friends would be, how we would be spending weekends, at what church we would be worshipping God, etc.  and now we have to leave all of that.  So bear with me as I am on this little emotional roller coaster.  :)

Where was I?  Oh yeah, on with life lately...

We are full swing in to our fall routine and thriving.  Sophie is still doing ballet, enjoying it and learning more.  I really just LOVE watching her and the other girls try to dance.  They are precious.  Sophie seems to be growing up so much right now.  She now refers to us as Mom and Dad (which by the way, I am not the biggest fan of.  What happened to endearing terms like mommy & daddy??)  

Claire is a toddler.  Did you hear that?  She is a toddler!!!  Sniff sniff...my baby is not really a baby any more.  How did she go from being a little roly poly on the carpet to saying "bye dada"?   She loves doing sign language, she loves to climb, play with her sister, and snuggle with us.  Claire is big on kisses.  Who can resist?  And then she has her less desirable side, like when she holds her breath while crying and turns blue, screams for now reason every now and then, throws her food...but we love her!

As for us, the adults...we are enjoying teaching the 3 year olds sunday school class together.  We are enjoying doing our last outings in San Antonio.  Tonight we are going to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Pappasito's, with one of our favorite couples from here!  We're also trying to get a little taste of fall.  We went to a "pumpkin patch" yesterday.  Ummm, yeah.  It's not quite real fall here, but that's ok.  It has gotten cooler here.  It gets down to about 60 degrees at night.  It is very refreshing.  This morning as I went for a run I was actually cold!!!  Imagine that!


Anyway, that sums things up around here!

1 comment:

crystal said...

I'm liking the darker hair on you! Also, Sophie has no hint of toddler left in her. She's all preschooler! How could you let that happen?? That means Colin is sure to follow too, boo hoo;-)