Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Infraction

Yep, my first ever.  This morning, on my way to bible study no less, I got pulled over.  It stings a little.

For disregarding a stop sign, though in my defense I didn't disregard it, I saw it!  I did more of a rolling-stop...a more natural approach to stopping in my opinion.  I guess according to the law that is considered  slowing down.  Apparently you are supposed to cease all movement of the vehicle??  Who knew!  Ok, I am being a little sarcastic here.

But really, $265????  That is the same fine that one would pay for going 26-30 miles over the speed limit!  I know what I did was wrong, but to put my offense in the same category as going 26-30 miles over the speed limit is a little absurd.  Clearly, I am trying to justify here, and gain some sympathy.  Any is welcome by the way :)   Did I mention this was my first time ever being pulled over, first time getting a ticket???

3 comments:

diana said...

That is a lot of money.... You'd think he would have cut you a break being that it was your first offense (and you were on your way to bible study!)

crystal said...

Bummer, and that is a steep fine. Okay, I know what happened isn't exactly the same, but... I went to college with a girl that lost her Dad in an accident where someone rolled through a 4 way and broadsided him. That really made an impression on me. I know your roll, probably wasn't possible of causing anything like that, but maybe that's why they place such high fines on rolling through stop signs? Not sure. Love you and pray that Texas doesn't share records with KY. It may not show up on insurance:-)

the ashley family said...

I got pulled over in Feb. Right after we got our minivan. Really? I managed to speed enough to get pulled over in a minivan? Terribly embarrassing and made me feel like a total criminal. But I did deserve it. Although I didn't pay as much as you...come back to KY where the tickets are cheaper!!