Thursday, September 9, 2010

Better than Ballet

With just over 2 months left in San Antonio, there are a lot of things that I am going to miss, (all of which I will be sure to blog about for my memory's sake).  Nearing the top of that list though, is something that I just learned about last week.  It is called Ballet Gloria.  It is a ministry for children that incorporates dance and worshiping God and their theme is dancing for an audience of one.  It is held at Oak Hills Church which is Max Lucado's church.   It is just a precious ministry, and on top of that it is FREE.  Awesome.  Who doesn't appreciate that?
Today was Sophie's first class.  It was super cute and her teacher was so sweet.  I was not sure how she would do at all ...but she hung in there and tried to follow along as best as a short attention spanned 3 year old can.  She enjoyed most of it but a couple of times fell and was not happy about that.  Poor thing, I think she has inherited my physical skills, or better said - limitations.  Afterwards she told me that her legs were sore because she did a lot of exercise.  When we got home she was happy to show her daddy a  demi plie and before bed tonight she asked if we could go back tomorrow.  So even though her legs were sore and she got some boo-boo's, I think overall she had a great time.  I know I did just watching her!  And let me tell you - they don't mess around with memory verses!  This was their memory verse for the 3 & 4 year olds today:
Matthew 28: 1-2
 "After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it."  
 Sophie couldn't get over the earthquake part, she kept asking about earthquakes for the rest of the night!  Anyway, here is a little picture of our ballerina!





2 comments:

crystal said...

Wow - that is awesome! Love the memory verse too. Grant's 4 year old memory verse at school is like one sentence long - weak!

Lee and Candace said...

That is SO awesome! Isabel LOVES to dance and I mean LOVES to! I would love for something like that to be here! I hope Sophie continues to enjoy it!