Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Way Behind

I enjoy blogging, and I enjoy blogging breaks as can be seen by my most recent blogging hiatus. But here I am - ready to blog again!
And here it is, the middle of May. I cannot believe this month is already more than half over. This also means that our time in San Antonio is half over. Wow. It has been a good 5.5 months here, I feel a lot more settled now than I did a few months ago, and am really enjoying day to day life. We've had a lot of wonderful family moments together, taking the time to do things we wouldn't likely have done back home...at least not as often as we are here. I do look forward to going back to Kentucky, to our friends there, our church there, and can I mention my dishwasher? I really hate this one in the apartment! :) And having a house again will be nice. A lot of things will be nice! Though I have certainly learned that I can get by on a lot less here...like a set of 6 plates/cups/forks/etc., 2 frying pans, I could go on but pretty much minimal everything. Don't get me wrong, we haven't exactly been kicked to the curb living out of a tent or anything... BUT it has been a change going from a house to an apartment.
Onward. The girls are great. Claire seems to be transitioning to 1 nap now which is MUCH earlier than it was with Sophie. However, she makes up for it at night, sleeping over 12 hours! She's walking like a pro. And Sophie...oh Sophie, she is quite the character. Funny at times, thinking she's 25 at times, and a little scoundrel at times. She consistently talks about being married to a specific boy, has babies, her babies have an Auntie, Auntie Claire. Her imagination is quite... umm...imaginative! She told me her kids were 2 years old so I asked her when their birthdays were and she said, "I don't remember." Although it is cute I think we might have to do some reigning in on the imagination as it's obvious she is confusing imaginative play with not telling the truth.

She has a few funny words I have to record here so that I remember down the road. Hamburger is hangabuh, hospital is hostibul, chapstick is chapskick. Love it. She is pretty much done with napping. :( Some days I try to put her down but she just plays in there for a while and that's it! Just earlier today I went to check on the girls during nap time and found Sophie with all of her "kids" lined up on her bed doing self control time. I chuckled.

A couple of weeks ago the girls and I went to Michigan to visit my family. It was a great time. My brother and I went to a Red Wings playoff game. It happened to be the only game in that series that they won, and it was the BEST game. We had so much fun. The girls enjoyed the visit with family too. We even had a little early birthday party for Claire. It was great! Now we look forward to traveling again and heading to see Bill's family on the East Coast
Sophie with cousin Nick

. and the little bear

1 comment:

crystal said...

So happy to hear that you have adjusted so well. I can't believe Claire is that big!! I still think of her as a little peanut in her car seat:-)