Monday, May 24, 2010

Little Hottie's First Birthday

I'll just go ahead and spare you all of the sappiness that comes with realizing your baby is now 1...most of you probably know the feeling :)

So let's just move on to Claire and her birthday. She woke up at 1 am with a 104.3 fever (hence the little hottie)...now there's a way to ring in your first birthday, and scare your mommy! After a nice bath, milk and some tylenol, she went back to sleep and slept until 7:30. We had planned to have a party for her that morning which needless to say got canceled! Instead we partied on over to the urgent care clinic where she was diagnosed with an ear infection. She was a trooper through it all and still managed to smile most of the day. We took a little rendezvous to SeaWorld that evening, just the 4 of us, and saw Claire's favorite show, Azul. She loves it -probably because she sounds just like the beluga whales in the show. Maybe that's how she learned, and how she justifies her high pitched screaming :) She slept perfectly through the night the next night and woke up feeling great. Praise God for that.

Some stats/fun notes on our 1 year old:
-She's a little over 21 lbs, hovering around the 50th percentile for most things.
-She been walking for a while now! Bill and I are always amazed at her balance - for such a little thing...
-She says mama, dada, does a lot of other babbling but has no real desire to say any other words yet.
-She's a foodie! She loves to eat (which I am so thankful for and hope it continues). She joyfully ate tilapia and asparagus last night, need I say more?
-She has 7 teeth, 4 less than her sister had at this age!
-We love her and are so blessed to have her in our family!

And a year in pictures:



















4 comments:

crystal said...

I think she looks like you!!! Happy Birthday to the Claire Bear!

Janelle S said...

Wow. One year already! Your girls will be completely different people when we see them again!

Lee and Candace said...

Wow! I can't believe it! She looks like a little girl now, not a baby! Hope she is feeling better now! What precious girls you have!

Cathryn said...

OK, are you like me and ended up completely in tears by the time you had gone through all your photos for her One Year post? I always lose it when I look at baby pictures of my big kids. I think because it seems like it was yesterday, but now I turn around and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old! I wish there was a pause button on life!

Claire is so cute. It will be fun to see how much she has changed! I picture her as a little baby still! :)