Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First steps & Mommy's Little Helper

Here are a couple of quick videos of Claire and her new skill of walking! She took her first steps on Saturday, 5 days shy of 11 months. At her age Sophie was just beginning to crawl. Isn't that funny? That just reminds that all babies really ARE different, no need to fret. I wish I would have listened when I got that advice about 2 years ago....it would have saved me from too much wasted time worrying. :)

Anyway, here's the little lady.


Our other wonderful little lady is growing, absorbing so much, loving and serving us! Get this, she puts groceries away without me asking her to. She just picks up a bag that is almost her size, trudges it over to the kitchen, and off she goes putting things away where every they belong. She loves it and gets excited to do it too! I never expected my 2.75 year old to put groceries away but I sure am thankful for such great help.
Also, yesterday I was folding laundry and heard a kitchen drawer open. I figured Sophie was taking kitchen towels out so without looking I told her not to take them out. Then I glanced over only to find her putting freshly folded kitchen towels away. I said: "Wow, Sophie thank you." She replied: "You're welcome, that makes you happy." I almost started crying. It was so sweet.
She seems to be growing and maturing so much lately. She has had less tantrums, has been more patient, kinder, and more obedient. Bill and I have been taking a parenting class (Growing Kids God's Way) and we have definitely seen fruit from implementing godly concepts into our parenting, but I'm more confident that God has been tremendously gracious to us.

4 comments:

Amy said...

which book are you reading? Jack needs help with obedience these days!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee and Candace said...

Look at her go! So cute!

We have been doing a parenting class too and am thankful for the changes, although sometimes small we have seen in Isabel!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Janelle S said...

Ahhh, it's so refreshing to catch our kids doing good things! Both of your girls look so much older. What are you doing to them in TX?