Sunday, February 8, 2009

Randomness

Sophie has not enjoyed getting her picture taken in the last few weeks. Everytime I go to get the camera out she has started to cry! This past weekend was a little better. Here are a couple of smiley (or just non-crying) pics to enjoy!
This is how she likes to kick back and watch Elmo or Pooh.


We are also enjoying her new found discovery of the letter B. She can distinctly pick out a B in a set of letters! So impressive, and this is all thanks to Cookie Monster. On one of the Sesame Street episodes we have that she watches frequently, Cookie Monster presents the letter B. Somehow she picked it up, and it is good to know that she has actually learned something useful from her TV watching!

We also had her 18 month check up this past week. She is in the 75th percentile for weight, and 85th for height. She has actually dropped from the 90th percentile where she used to be for both! Everything else seems fine too, praise the Lord for these blessings!

On a bragging note, I have to blog about my fantastic hubby! Bill surprised me with a romantic dinner at the Waterfront, where we both enjoyed amazing steaks! He even had babysitting planned out and everything! It was just so nice for the two of us to get away for a couple of hours! On a slightly humbling note on my part, lets just say that I threw a hissy fit before hand because he wanted me to dress up and I couldn't understand why in the world I needed to dress up when all we were going to do was eat at a friends house (or so I thought)....however it all worked out and he still took me out :)

3 comments:

Lee and Candace said...

I did the same thing one time...threw a hissy fit when Lee wanted me to dress up to go out. Turns out he proposed:) Sometimes it's good to listen to our men!:)

crystal said...

That explains nursery this morning. Sophie had a cookie monster book and put it down, Colin picked it up and Sophie would have nothing to do with it! It was pretty funny. I didn't realize her Sesame Street has expanded to Cookie Monster as well.

What a wonderful early Valentine's!!

Sally said...

I'm adding you to my blogroll if that's allright. Finally spending some time and adding the URLs