Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Momentous Firsts

There are are some special moments in your children's lives that you can never forget - first teeth, first word, first steps....and then there's the first VOMIT. Yes, that's right I said vomit. Don't worry, there will be no pictures!
It happened tonight for the first time to Sophie while she was packing in some avocado during dinner. A few gags, then out comes the avocado, snack, & some lunch. We had no idea it was coming and after it was over she sat very still. I've been dreading this moment (knowing that one of these days she was going to throw up) because I cannot handle vomit. I've known this for some time now, and have warned Bill that he is the one who is going to have to take care of our kiddos when this type of thing happens. I tried my best tonight to approach her all yucked up, and then myself proceeded to gag, and that was the end of my help. My amazing hubby humbly took over and did all of the cleaning. All I had to do was bathe Sophie which was fun and easy. Thankfully, she bounced back very well and was very happy and energetic after the fact. I pray that her health and good spirits continue and that we don't have any more bouts with nastiness....we are leaving for Utah this Saturday so it would be a bummer to be ill for that!

3 comments:

krissy said...

Wow, to even try while pregnant is a big deal. I don't deal with it well either but it's happened before with John Patrick when John has to report at 530am so he can't stay up all night and God gives the grace!! Go Bill!

Sally said...

That's a blessing that this is the first time she's thrown up! I am the same way about throw up and thought I would never be able to handle it when my kids got sick. Each time though God has given me the grace to deal with it. I think it's easier when you are not pregnant though!!!

krissy said...

Paulina, I added you to an ivite to a Juice Plus information day I'm having. I think I've told you about it before? I always tell people I know who are pregnant because I loved it during my pregnancy. :-)