Sunday, August 31, 2008

Say Cheese!

When Sophie turned a year old I wanted to take her in to Portrait Innovations (as I had done in the past) for her big 1 year pictures! I made the appointment, dressed her up, and drove to Crestview Hills with my mom, grandma, and brother in tow who happened to be visiting that weekend. We didn't even have to wait long, which was a blessing in itself. I was excited when our name got called for our turn! We even had Chuck as our photographer. Chuck did Soph's 3 month pics and those turned out great! However, all went down hill when Sophie sat down on the white mat and started screaming. She was not fond of Chuck, nor his clicky mouth noises, nor his iphone with the videos of Elmo he was trying to show her to cheer her up. She was not fond of anything that moment. Needless to say, nothing worked, and we left picture-less that day.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise however. The wonderful world of Facebook came through for us. I found out that an old co-worker of mine from P&G did photography on the side. I had seen some of his work through Facebook and thought we could give that a try. We met at Ault Park last weekend and had a great time at our "photo shoot" (not too mention it was extremely reasonable!) Here are some of our high lights:







5 comments:

crystal said...

Wow - you really did get some unique and beautiful shots. I agree that it was a blessing in disguise that PI didn't work out. I think you will treasure these for a long time!

Lee and Candace said...

Awww...those are adorable...how will you choose? What a great family shot too!

Janelle S said...

How sweet. I especially love the one with you holding Sophie - you're looking at her and she's smiling at the camera

Sally said...

These are all super cute, Paulina! I love the one of you and Sophie too...what a sweet family!

running shoes said...

great photos!