Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh. Deer.


The buck stopped [slammed] here.  Nice, eh?  

As I was driving to the grocery store last night a deer ran into my car.  It was dark, and a little freaky.  It was so fast, and made quite the impact/sound as it happened... but thankfully I stayed on the road and just kept on to the store.  What's a girl to do?
I guess it was bound to happen living around these parts.  I'm just thankful it wasn't worse and that it was just me in the car.  
It's the second time in my life I've had an accident that left the passenger door un-open-able.  Hopefully the last :)  

3 comments:

the ashley family said...

we had that happen last year to our jeep! the deer ran off and we thought everything was ok until we got to the store and I tried to get out of the passenger side. $3,000 worth of damage...it made me think (like you) how GOOD God is!

Lee and Candace said...

I'm glad to hear you are ok Paulina, minus the car damage. I've almost hit dear on several occasions and I don't think I'd continue on to the grocery store if I did. One brave woman!

diana said...

Oh my goodness! I would have peed my pants! That is so scary. I'm SO GLAD you are ok and that you didn't have the kids with you.

Yikes....