Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's Only Thursday??

It's been the shortest of weeks, it's been the longest of weeks.  Time seems to be draaaaaging, but at the same time I feel like it's been a really full week.
Let's see, we started the week out getting ready for Bill's birthday which was on Tuesday.  Running errands, looking for presents, baking bread, baking cheesecake - which seemed like the most amazing dessert at the time, with homemade whipped cream.  We had some kiddos over for a playdate, more cooking, celebrating Bill's birthday, eating the cheesecake, opening presents.  Throw in another playdate, and then not feeling quite right.  Got home, yep - felt kind of like someone had beat me up.  Also, was waiting for my mom to get into town as she had been planning on coming in for a few days.  Thank the Lord, that she came, because I was out of commission with a stomach bug/flu thing...not sure exactly what it was.  All I know is that same amazing cheesecake -- I don't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.  Today I am recovering, not feeling awesome but feeling better.  It's snowing a lot, it feels really chilly, and time is just slowly crawling along.  Definitely thankful for family, blankets, and laughs even in the midst of less than desirable circumstances.




2 comments:

crystal said...

I didn't realize you were sooo sick:-( Sorry friend! Glad your Mom was there to take care of you!! Continue feeling better. LOVE YOU!!

The Talberts said...

Glad you're healing up, Paulina! Your cheesecake looks lovely anyway. Hope you guys have a great weekend.