Monday, August 31, 2009

Dairy Free

Oh, the difference a dairy free diet makes. I decided (with the help of some lactation consultants) to take pretty much all dairy out of my diet a few weeks ago since Claire had been having some nursing/fussing issues and had bad eczema on her face.
here is a before pic (though it is a little hard to tell in this small pic):
and ta-da, the silky smooth after:


I must say the dairy has made a huge difference. The eczema has pretty much disappeared and she almost immediately started sleeping 9-11 hours at night. So, even though my diet now consists of a dairy free coffee creamer, no ice cream, no cheese, no yogurt, no milk, no whipped cream, and did I mention no ice cream :) - I am at least happily sleeping at night and have a good nursing baby again!

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

Hi Paulina!
Cutting out dairy made a world of difference when I was nursing Libby, too! It was difficult at first, trying to figure out what I could eat, but so worth it! I hope it continues to have good results for you and your little one. :)
m.

Janelle S said...

WOW that's great. And what a treat to get a full night's sleep.