Monday, January 19, 2009

Birthday, Belly, and more

So many things to catch up on! I guess that is what happens when you don't blog as often! :)

First, yesterday was Bill's 27th Birthday! We had a nice sunday of going to church, watching a little football and having dinner with friends! My favorite part had to be his birthday cake. It was a lovely creation by an amazing baker from our church. Desserts of Distinction is the name of her company if you ever need a fabulous cake, or fabulous cookies, pretty much everything she makes is fabulous!

Next, here is a 20 week belly pic of me and baby #2. I can't believe how big I am getting already!!! We had our ultrasound a few weeks ago and again decided not to find out the gender. We are excited for the big surprise. Sophie likes to say hi to the baby and give it kisses when prompted.

And thirdly, what is new with our little Sophie?
A few highlights:
- She is officially down to one nap and has adjusted pretty well. She typically will sleep 2-3 hours which is nice for me. I try to sneak a nap in there too :)
- She is starting to put words together like, "Hi Dada" or "Help Mama" instead of just one word. Very exciting to hear her talk more!
- Last week she managed to dial 911 with my cell phone while the key pad was locked! Amazing what kids can do! It was pretty funny when she realized that she had actually dialed someone and heard a voice on the other end, she said "uh-oh." Thankfully the 911 operator was very forgiving.
- She is obsessed, I repeat obsessed, with Elmo and Pooh. She wants to watch them all of the time and asks for Elmo or Pooh about a 100 times a day. She often starts crying and whining when she doesn't get her way. That has been less than fun to deal with!
- She is also really into sitting. Either on the stairs, a stool, or a little chair. She loves to sit down! So funny.
- She loves to read! Her current interests include Five Little Monkeys and Curious George that Gramma bought her for Christmas. She likes to jump along with the monkeys. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie is getting so big! And still so Cute!! You look fabulous! I haven't been out your way in quite some time, but that will all change here soon...I'll give you a call to catch up.

Sarah

diana said...

I LOVE your little bump. What a fun post to read. I love getting all caught up.

Lee and Candace said...

Sounds like Isabel and Sophie have similar interests. They'll have to play together sometime. You look great too by the way.