Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finally...


I think it was about six months ago or so that I initially blogged about wanting to wean Sophie off of the paci. Well, it has finally come to fruition. After having to get up on 2 separate occasions Sunday night to find her paci for her, I had enough (not to mention we have been talking about doing it for quite some time now). Monday was the big day. For her nap that day I told her paci went bye bye. She was very upset. She screamed like I haven't heard her scream in ages. So again I cut the tip off and gave it back to her, but this time she tried it out and gave it back to me. Apparently, it did not suit her needs. She has been without it ever since, has slept pretty well, but still has trouble going down without it. I think that part will work itself out, but overall we are happy our big girl is surviving without her beloved paci.

5 comments:

Lee and Candace said...

WOW!!! That is SOO great!!! I think Isabel is going to need therapy when we take her paci (meme as she calls it) away.:) She is addicted. You inspire me though. I think we are going to need to get rid of hers VERY soon.

running shoes said...

what a big girl!
her outfit is so adorable!

Paulina said...

Oh my gosh, it has not been a walk in the park though. For example, this morning she screamed for almost 45 minutes before falling asleep. She was addicted too. It's amazing what a piece of silicone will do to our children!

crystal said...

In a little bit it will be a thing of the past. One less thing to pack for Christmas:-) Go Sophster!!

krissy said...

Way to go.
I saw a little girl at the mall play place that had to be at least three still happily sucking on her paci. Her dentist would not be happy!