Friday, October 24, 2008

Self-Discipline

Unfortunately, I'm not speaking about the kind of self discipline that motivates you right out of bed, gets you accomplishing everything that you need to do, all without anyone having to push you. I'm talking about punishing yourself for being a bad girl. Apparently, Sophie feels the need to reiterate to herself that she has been "bad". So, if she does something she isn't supposed to do (lets say nibble on a crayon - which is a new favorite) and I tell her no, and that doesn't work, I then give her chubby hand a little smack. She has picked up on this, and after I do it, she then proceeds to shake her head no as to agree with me that yes, she has been "bad" and goes on to tap her own hand. I guess my work is done here. I suppose I should let her handle the rest of the disciplining. If only she would listen and just stop the behavior in the first place...oh wouldn't that be nice...

2 comments:

krissy said...

She's so cute!!
Sorry it took me a while to reply to your comment. I read your blog too. It's fun to keep up with other moms.
And congrats on your pregnancy!

Lee and Candace said...

Can she teach Isabel to discipline herself?