Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Blessings

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to blog about all of the wonderful blessings that God has provided lately, so here goes:

1. I only paid $2.28 for gas this morning!!! Pinch me.

2. I'm am feeling better, no more tissues glued to my nose, and no more chanting "Lord take me now!" I once told Bill that he made for a miserable sick person, but I was humbled because this time I realized I was so much worse.

3. I indulged in my favorite Halloween candies today: Candy corn and Reese's minis. Mmm, de-lish!

4. The house is looking and feeling clean again. I have to confess, for about a month now I have felt very behind in my housework from laundry to dusting to putting clothes away...I've been a mess. A praise to my sweet hubby for not complaining, and for vacuuming this weekend :)

5. Sophie is walking and showing major improvement with her feet. Over a month ago, the PT decided we needed more restrictive braces for her (right before she started walking) and from the moment we got them I hated them. They made her clumsy, they were huge and clunky...she didn't wear them very much. But praise God that after today's PT appointment she seems to be doing so much better and can go back to wearing the much nicer brace. And, we will only have to make a few more PT visits! Now if we could only get her to eat like a normal person....but that story does not fall in the blessing category so I will save it for another day .

So, I realize that these are not the most profound blessings, but they made me thankful and they made for a happy Monday.

And I leave you with some Monday morning hair:

1 comment:

Lee and Candace said...

Good seeing you today! Glad you are feeling better! Hey, I think Isabel has that same cup, and I'm pretty sure that same hair in the mornings.

That's great news about the braces!!!