Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Great Lakes, Great Times, & more

Our trip to Michigan went really well and was very enjoyable! Sophie did well on both car rides despite her supposed ear infection. I say supposed because both times I've taken her in to the doctor, the doctor has said that one ear is "beginning" to look red. I guess I should believe him. I took Sophie in this time the morning before we left because she had been coughing quite a bit and had a runny nose. So the doctor prescribed an antibiotic and on we went.

It was overall great to be with my family in Michigan, though we actually didn't spend time on any lakes! It was nice to drive by lakes though, something we don't have in Northern Kentucky! I

'll have to admit, it was nice not having to cook, grocery shop or do laundry. It was like a mini vacation. Sophie still had her stranger anxiety and was definitely glued to me the whole time we were there so I couldn't pawn her off as easily ;)

Some highlights from the past week:

Caribou Coffee is soooo delicious, and they don't have any around here! Had to get my share in C-town!


-The Red Wings win the Stanley Cup!!! It was exciting for me to be in Michigan to experience all of the hype and anticipation as they went on to win their 4th cup in 11 years!


-David's High School Graduation
Congrats to David for making it this far, now it's on to U of M Flint for a new adventure.

All in all it was fun, but it is great to be home as well. This week Sophie has enjoyed her new pool (thanks to the Spences for inspiring this great idea). She has also gotten up on all 4's which is new for her. Yay, she's making progress!

Last night she did something that scared me: she swallowed the tip of a plastic fork last while she eating watermelon from it at our small group cook out. She bit off the tip and then screamed a few seconds later, I'm guessing when she actually was swallowing it. I called the doctor about this and because it was so small they told me it should pass, but to watch her. So I've been watching! She seems fine so far thankfully.

3 comments:

Janelle S said...

I love the pool. It looks pretty low maintenance but comes with lots of smiles.

Lee and Candace said...

We got Isabel a pool recently too and she LOVES it. I think it will provide a lot of summer fun. Isabel swallowed a hair clip about a week ago. It passed after about two days. Now we just have to watch for things going up their nose or in their ears:)

And then there were Five said...

hey! it looks like you guys had a great trip! We love the pics of Sophie! We look forward to catching up with you guys on Friday- i think we have been living at the pool lately- we have our y membership till the end of june so we must plan a day to take the girls- maybe the week of the 23rd- we are free everyday! Suzanne