Thursday, November 11, 2010

What I'm going to miss

Holy cow, we are moving in 3 days.

I have to blog about the things I'm going to miss so I can remember it down the road.  Otherwise I might forget the name of that amazing bbq restaurant or why I still have a few pounds to lose...(by the way don't judge me that almost all of what I'm going to miss is based around food and shopping, k?)

In no certain order, here goes:
-I'll just get this one over with - SeaWorld.  That's an obvious one.

-La Cantera.  The nicest outdoor shopping experience a girl can ask for.

-Cooper's, Rudy's.  Excellent bbq restaurants.  I have never been a huge bbq fan before living here.  I mean I ate it, and I liked it, but it wasn't something I craved.  That all changed with Texas bbq -- soooo darn delicious.  Mmm my mouth is watering even now just thinking about it.  They say in college you gain the freshman fifteen, here it's the Texas twenty.  So  just know it's the bbq (and the next point).

-Mexican food galore!  To name a few - pappasito's, mi tierra, tink-a-tako, las palapas.  What I love is that there is mexcian food everywhere, and it's pretty darn authentic.  For example, homemade flour tortillas that are beyond anything you could ever find in a grocery store.  Unless that grocery store is HEB, where they have sweet little ladies making and bagging tortillas right in front of you.  It kind of reminds me of Santa's workshop, but instead of toys you get tortillas.  Anyway, you can buy warm fresh tortillas that never make it home without first being ripped open in the car and munched on, by parent and children alike.  But back to the restaurants, yes they are good.  And when you order a chicken or beef taco at one of these places, don't expect anything else.  A chicken taco is a taco with chicken in it.  This I have learned.  Personally I enjoy a few extra toppings so I have to remember to ask for them!

-Target here, Target there.  They are everywhere!  Seriously you can find a Target at every exit around here.   My favorite has been shopping at the Super Target nearby.   There is no shortage of shopping here.  There are 14 targets and 20 walmarts around san antonio!

-Same goes for Starbucks.  Where ever there is a Target, that means there is a Starbucks inside of the store.  Every single Target I have been inside of here, there is always a Starbucks.  And at every shopping plaza that has a Target (with a Starbucks in it) there is a Starbucks stand alone drive through store as well...just incase you've finished the latte you got in the store and need another while you're driving away.  Happens all the time.  There are a gazillion Starbucks', but the down side of that is that there are only starbucks.  No caribou, no biggby's (which will always be beaners to this MSU girl).

-In all seriousness, San Antonio has been great.  It has had a lot of perks, but I will miss the people the most.  We have been so blessed to make sweet friends here, and have been loved by a welcoming and caring church body.  The love of Christ has manifested itself to us through these people, they have been the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Christ to us, living it out so well.  Sniff sniff.  I'm so thankful that we don't have to move to a new place, having to start all over.  Although it will be sad to leave, I'm glad we are going to back to something great too.  That makes it easier!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Boy are you making me homesick! All those things are what make me yearn for home. Our move to the midwest made me learn to make homemade salsa and homemade tortillas. There's nothing like Tex-Mex.

Glad to hear you guys will be back
Did you ever try Perico's--you may want to...on second thought may
regret you didn't get there sooner.