Wednesday, April 22, 2009

House, Life, etc.

We are finally moved in to our new house! It has been about 2 and a half weeks and each day we feel a little more settled. No more painters, plumbers, carpet installers coming and going. Just us. That has been nice. We are far from done with all that needs to be done, but I'm sure we'll feel that way for some time to come! Like I said, each day brings a little more progress towards making it feel like home.

Some highlights from the move:

~So far our neighbors seem wonderful! We have received cinnamon streusel cake, banana bread & warm greetings all around! Ok, it's not all about food but I am pregnant :) There are so many kids here too - which is going to be great for our growing family! A couple of our neighbors go to our church, another neighbor is a co-worker of Bill's - so we already feel "in" with the neighborhood. We're also looking forward to the use of the pool this summer!

~Sophie has made a fantastic transition, praise God! She loves her playroom and is now sleeping in a big girl bed! I was a little worried about transitioning her to the bigger bed, but she is really doing great so far. Hopefully it will remain that way... now if we could only get potty training to be that easy!

~I really love my kitchen. It's spacious, and open, and I have a gas range - woohoo!

Now for some things that will take getting used to:

~Being farther from church and many friends.

~Not having a good place to grocery shop nearby. The Kroger here is worthless so I have to make the trek to Meijer. Meijer is mostly great, minus the drive, randomly weird clientele and no organic lettuce.

~ No good ice cream places nearby! Is it just that I'm pregnant and it's that time of the year? But a little ice cream shack somewhere close would be nice. If I am unaware of some secret gem please let me know those of you who reside nearby.

Ok onto some pics:
Here are a couple "before" shots:




"After" -- decorating/organizing/putting things away is still in progress :)






Onto other news, my c-section has been scheduled for May 22nd, exactly a month away from today. Exactly 4 weeks from this Friday. Scary and exciting all at the same time. Thankfully, the Lord has really been good to me - sustaining me physically and giving me strength to do all that needs to be done. Some of the things I am freaking out about currently are:
- I will be 38.5 weeks along and I worry on and off if it is too early. I am praying that if it is the right day that God will allow it to go smoothly and provide peace.
- Leaving Sophie. It will be my first time spending a night(s) away from her. I'm sure she will do fine but I'm not sure I will :)
- I am also feeling like I'm going to abandon her because she won't have all of my attention anymore! It breaks my heart to even think about it but I am praying that God will really give me grace (and control my hormones) to be able to handle that without too much trouble. Please pray too!

3 comments:

Janelle S said...

Beautiful house. I'm looking forward to seeing it in real life!

Lee and Candace said...

Your house looks so nice!!! I can't believe you are having your baby in a month! We will be praying for you! Isabel loved watching Sophie's "Easter video." She wanted to watch it over and over.:)

Sally said...

I love the pics of the house! It is beautiful! It's in Independence...right? I think your worries about the birth are things that all mom's think about. Lauren decided to make her entrance into the world 4 weeks early and she was just fine. She never had to leave me at all. I too had never been away from Evan before and thought it would be hard but really it's okay. He was a little freaked out when he came and saw me in the hospital though. But he warmed up pretty quickly. It really is amazing too how God just expands your heart...you are so in love with your new baby but your love for your 1st child doesn't diminish in the slightest. You will be amazed at how huge Sophie will seem to you and all the things she will be able to help you with. I am excited for you all and will keep you in my prayers!

Sally