Saturday, July 19, 2008

Would it be wrong...

To complain for just one minute...about Sophie's inability to sleep in? I mean, it is Saturday morning, 7am, and I have already been up for an hour and 20 minutes!!! Doesn't she understand that it's the weekend? It's ok to get up early during the week. 6 or 6:30, that is a respectable waking time, and as many have told me -- I will appreciate that when she goes to school. BUT, I don't appreciate it on Saturday morning. How do you get a baby to sleep in? ? ? That's all.

More of this please.

5 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

I join you. Anne woke up at 6:45 this morning, after going to bed at 11pm last night. Is she crazy? So, I did what any mother would do. I put her back in her crib and went to McD's to get Matt and I breakfast. When I returned, she was fast asleep. :)

Lee and Candace said...

Sometimes Lee and I cheat and just don't get up right away when Isabel does. She just plays in her bed for a little while. Or sometimes we'll get up, give her her bottle and put her right back to bed. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does and we get a little extra sleep in on Saturday's.

diana said...

Well. It could be worse. Marley does sleep in, but she wakes up at least 2 or 3 times during the night and doesn't know how to sooth herself back to sleep.

It's pretty much nightly torture!

Paulina said...

Babies are crazy! I tried the bottle thing this morning and it failed :( but has worked in past situations.

And oh my gosh Diana, that does sound like torture. Have you tried letting her cry it out?

diana said...

Oh yeah . . . she's screaming as I type this! :)